Saturday, March 8, 2008

New additions

I've added a few more dolls to my collection. I recently discovered Still Plays With Dolls, which has a club available to members who spend at least $100. You get a really great deal on some of their other items, plus their sale items are phenomenal.
My latest additions are a New York City Ballet Rehearsal Brunette, High Style Grand Finale Tyler, and Raven Saucy Career. I ordered the NYCB doll because I thought she'd make a great gift for my sister-in-law. She looks a lot like her, and for Christmas, I'll be getting a wedding dress made for this doll also. That should be fun. That being said, I have to say that this doll is really, really pretty. Her face is just amazing. She's even prettier than she is in the photo. And she looks exactly like my sister-in-law. I hope I can give her away!
High Style Grand Finale Tyler is another Still Plays purchase. She was made in 2006. She was a great deal--I paid $80 (instead of the $200 MSRP). I'm not crazy about her outfit at all--I'll probably put her into another one--but I adore her real applied eyelashes. She's very pretty.
Saucy Career Raven is fun doll, also. I think she will be a gift for my sister, since she shares the same look. I love her side-glancing eyes--they give her character--and also her short hair is adorable. She is from 2004, and I found this doll brand new on Ebay.
My husband saw my collection the other day, and commented on its growth. He asked me if I'd like to maybe take up music as my next hobby. Like playing the keyboard. Since we have one, and it's free to play it. I had to laugh.
Photos courtesy Tonner Doll Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...