Monday, August 4, 2008

Tyler Grails

Now that I'm on the subject of grails, let me move onto Tyler grails. Here's a list of Tyler dolls I'd love to have at some point, but ones I will probably not add to my collection anytime soon!

Vienna Waltz, 2001 LE 350
Just love her gown, blue eyes and red hair. This is an original body, straight arm Tyler. She's from the Collector's United Nashville convention. Again, she'd fit in with my historical dolls.

Romance, LE 500 - Gown only
I already have the signed doll, I just need the outfit. One of my first Tylers, she's one of my favorites.

La Mode 1920s - Violette and Bordeaux LE 250
Two more girls from the Paris Fashion Doll Festival in 2002, these 1920s ladies would fit in with my historical collection. They have the original arms. I have to say, I've never seen either of these dolls for sale.

Midsummer's Night Dream LE 300
This Modern Doll Collectors Convention doll will go great with Titania Sydney in my fantasy collection.

Autumn Weekend Tyle Centerpiece LE 300
From the 2005 Collector's United Atlanta convention, this Tyler needs to find a home with me mostly because of her adorable hair.


Versailles
Another doll from the 2007 Paris Fashion Doll Festival, I've seen this beauty for sale ranging from $500 to $900. I don't think she will ever make it into my collection--but wow--that's what puts her on my list of grails! Mademoiselle a la Mode
This Tyler dolls was created for the 2008 Paris Fashion Doll Festival, and was limited to 100 pieces. I've seen her ranging in price from $300-600 as well. Right now, I see her listed at Two Day Dreamers for $350, and I am tempted. (Am I crazy?) I figure she would make a terrific lady-in-waiting to Marie Antoinette.
Update: September 30, 2008: She's been added to my collection. I found her for way less than that price directly from the Doll Expo in France. She's even more gorgeous in person--and her gown is celadon green, not gray.
Photos courtesy Tonner Doll Company.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen La Mode 1920s - Violette and Bordeaux LE 250 once on eBay, both from one seller. And, as I remember, they were sold at a rather low price for such rare dolls. I hope you'll find them someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll keep looking. I just love the older Tyler sculpt. Do you have a favorite Tyler doll?
    I just saw Mademoiselle a la Mode for sale on Ebay, but she's $300. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...