Monday, October 25, 2010

10 Reasons you should follow netiquette on doll boards

  1. You might meet some of your online nemeses at doll conventions.
  2. You might meet some of your online nemeses at doll meets.
  3. It's hard to interpret "tone" online, and in writing, generally. To be on the safe side, if you think a message to you sounds negative, it's usually best to ignore it.
  4. It could be your message that sounds negative when you don't mean it to be.
  5. Just because they can't see you doesn't mean they can't find out who you are or where you live.
  6. Didn't your mother teach you the golden rule? Do unto others before they do you in! (Oh wait. Maybe I'm confusing the rule a little.)
  7. What if your children or grandchildren knew you just posted that?
  8. Is it really worth getting worked up over?
  9. It would be a very boring world if all doll collections/companies/dolls were exactly the same.
  10. If you post it on my blog, I might delete your comment. ;)

    7 comments:

    1. How about this?
      It's the right thing to do.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Excellent point!

      (I posted this article with my tongue firmly in cheek.) ;)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I know, and I do love your lists.
      Thank you for making them!

      ReplyDelete
    4. # 11 - Taking the high road and being a decent human being is so passe these days, so being well mannered is actually an act of rebellion.

      ReplyDelete
    5. The only people I've made enemies of I wouldn't be friends with in real life and would strongly oppose them coming to meets - reasons why range from homophobia, selfish/extreme rudeness, negative blanket statements of my friends, betrayal of trust... I don't regret avoiding and not liking certain people and I can't imagine any magic in real life that can make me like them offline or for them to even be accepted by my fellow real life doll collecting friends. Some actions and hateful beliefs are just never ok, whether online or off.

      ReplyDelete
    6. You know, Dolls of Color, you do make some excellent points. Even considering the difficulty of communicating tone, you can quite often tell which people would be "your type" of friend IRL and which would drive you crazy.

      I think you're *much* more realistic than my rosy painted picture of the world.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Netiquette is important!

      www.NetworkEtiquette.net

      Everyone could use a little netiquette!

      ReplyDelete

    We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

    Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...