Monday, April 4, 2011

Vintage Barbie goes travelin' carrying case

Here is Barbie's hard-to-find Goes Travelin' carrying case. This case was issued in 1965 and came in pink (salmon), blue, and yellow. On one side the graphics depict a plane flying over a castle (Disneyland perhaps?) and the other side depicts a car.



There is a see-through window on both sides from which you can see Barbie looking out-too cute! The manufacturer of this case was Standard Plastics Products (SPP).


The interior of the case has one accessory drawer, a plastic seat for Barbie, and a small area to hang clothes. The Barbie  shown here was the childhood doll of my friend Lois who gifted her to me when I started collecting vintage Barbie.

5 comments:

  1. I never knew that this case had a different image on each side, I always thought that they made two different cases, one of a car and one of a plane. Learn something new every day.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one in Salmon. Along with some great vintage dolls from my mother! I love it and can't wait to display it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewsie, You have a true treasure! Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The castle image is in Bavaria. It is called Schloss Neuschwanstein, and was built buy King Ludwig.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this case in salmon. I bought it as a child. I wanted it so badly and waited so long until I could save the $5 to purchase it. It was always one of my most favorite toys.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...