Friday, June 22, 2012

Barbie Convention, Exercise, and Contests

What do those three things have in common? Three things I hope to be participating in two weeks from now. The National Barbie Doll Convention kicks off on Wednesday, July 11th, at the Hyatt Orange County in Garden Grove, CA. However, I'll actually arrive at the hotel on the preceding Saturday in order to set up room sales with three friends with whom I'll be rooming.  I'll provide more information about the room sales in a future post.

The exercise is something that I'm currently doing, but I can easily get sidetracked...like at a Barbie Convention.  I took up running over the past year and while I'm getting better at it, I find that I need to practice it routinely.  Unlike Alison, I'm not a very good multi-tasker.  I'm more of an all or nothing kind of gal and I can see Barbie consuming all of my time at the convention.

The contests? Well, that's where I'm hoping you, dear reader, will keep me honest with my exercise. If you plan on attending the Barbie Convention this year, please look for me and ask me how my exercise for the day went. The contest will run from Sunday, July 8th through Wednesday, July 11th. The first person to ask me about that day's exercise will win a doll-related prize.  What are the prizes?  That's a surprise!

So you know who to look for!

The fine print: One prize per person per convention, I need to be able to print your first name and last inital in a post to show that a real person won a real prize, and sorry roomies, I need to exclude you from the contest..

2 comments:

  1. Hey, great idea! What about editors? Are they excluded from the contest?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! I say editors can play. You'll still have to come find me, unlike the roomies.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...