Thursday, March 13, 2014

Divinely Daphne

Divinely Daphne by alington
Divinely Daphne, a photo by alington on Flickr.
An oldie, but a goodie--it's Effanbee's Divinely Daphne, the first basic Daphne Dimples released as part of the Brenda Starr line in 2004.

She was an open edition, so there were many produced. She can still be found on the market today for a pretty reasonable price. You'll want to be sure her bangs are in good shape.

I'm embarrassed to say I've had mine in the box for a while, and I'm quite pleased with her: I find her face paint rather pleasing in a vintage/pin-up way. You can see a few more photos on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. This Daphne has always reminded me of the character played by Barbara Stanwyck in Double Indemnity. All she needs is a white robe and an ankle bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I just found a photo, and she totally does! Here's a link to IMDB. I think it's her perfectly penciled brows! :)

      Delete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...